Tuesday, February 24, 2004

A job well done

Today will be very exciting. I am conducting the first of four or five training sessions to instruct our department in using a new software tool. And I'm doing it while sitting at my desk.

We use a web-based meeting service that displays what's on my PC monitor to all the participants while we talk on a conference call. In about 40 minutes I will have trained 15 people in four states, without one dime spent on travel, and a minimal amount of money spent on the phone call and meeting service.

But what is even more exciting is this - I was given ownership of a project, a due date and authority to make some of the decisions. I will get the job done and will meet the deadline. As someone who has been prone to procrastinate and leave things unfinished (mostly in my personal life), this is a major achievement. And it feels great!

Yeah, me!

No comments: