Monday, February 23, 2004

I don't want to see it...I have to

Several years ago I read a book which contained a point-by-point medical explanation of exactly what Christ suffered (I cannot remember the name of the book...I'll try to find it). I was horrified. I had always known that the images we were used to seeing of Christ on the cross with a few trickles of blood were misleading; that the crucifixion and the physical punishment preceding it would have left more visual evidence.

When I heard about the upcoming movie The Passion of the Christ, and the violence it would display, I realized that I was going to see a much more accurate picture of what Christ suffered for me. Frankly, I am not looking forward to seeing it. I expect it to be extremely disturbing. It is one thing to believe that He suffered and died for me. It is another to watch it portrayed. But I have to see it.

Here is a link to a Viewers Guide provided by BreakPoint.

No comments: