Friday, February 27, 2004

It is worth the wait

Some day I hope to be able to be as open about myself and my experiences as our friend Dawn is. I have a long way to go to work up to that.

What she writes about today is something I long to make you understand, because you are constantly swamped with the opposite message. The message you get from television shows and music and (unfortunately) some of the adults in your life - that sex is good no matter where, or with whom, or when - is a lie.

Dawn says it better than I ever could, so please read her post all the way through. All I can add to it is that I wish I had waited.

And yes, that means I am waiting now. I am honoring God and my future (second) husband by abstaining from sex until marriage. It may be a very long wait, or it may never happen at all. But I know the truth from experience, and I know it will be worth the wait.

No comments: