Saturday, February 21, 2004

It's all relative?

Some time ago, in my twenties I think, I had a rather profound experience. Someone explained to me Einstein's theory of relativity. At some point that day or the next, I GOT IT! I was absolutely sure I understood the theory, and it made perfect sense.

But it wasn't long until I lost the understanding, and I could not get it back. I remember enjoying the few science classes I took in high school, but I was more into art and music. My science education is limited, but when I come across something interesting (especially if it relates to the "creation versus evolution" argument), I do my best to read and understand the concepts presented.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading a series of articles by Dr. Kelly Hollowell entitled "Starlight and Time". Dr. Hollowell is the founder of Science Ministries, Inc. (SMI) which is an education-based non-profit corporation addressing issues in science and biotechnology from a Christian worldview.

Reading these articles tickled a part of my brain I don't use often enough. It reminded me of how much fun learning can be, even when the subject matter is difficult to understand.

No comments: