Friday, January 30, 2004

Aunt Judie Helpful Hint #4

It's bonus Friday...TWO helpful hints in one day, and both about laundry. How EXCITING!

Washing the black sweater with a towel actually happened last weekend. Last night I had to do laundry because I was out of clean work slacks. I put the load in the dryer before I went to bed, and thought nothing more about it.

This morning, with ten minutes left before I had to leave for work, I went to run the dryer on "tumble press" for a few minutes to take out any wrinkles. It was then I discovered that the load was not quite dry.

I didn't have a choice - I had a meeting in 30 minutes and could not be late. I knew the slacks would dry quickly once I was at the office. The problem? It was four degrees outside. That would be 28 degrees below the freezing point. Guess how long it takes for damp slacks to freeze stiff in four degree weather? About five seconds.

Either make sure you have clean clothes ready to wear for the entire work/school week, or keep an emergency outfit stashed in the back of the closet.

No comments: