Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Wyoming in winter

Things are getting really busy at work. And yesterday I found out that I may be going to Wyoming for a business trip within the next few weeks. I love traveling for work because:

I get to stay in a hotel, where they clean your room and make your bed every day. It has been a few years since I found a mint on my pillow, but now they have free coffee in your room which is even better.

I get to meet new people. I have met some of the nicest, most positive people through my job that you could ever hope to meet.

I get to see new places. I have been to 18 of the 50 United States, plus one trip to Montreal (Quebec) Canada. If you count the flight layovers where I have never left the airport, I have been to 19 states (Salt Lake City's airport in Utah is bright and lovely).

We generally do less traveling for business than we did just a few years ago. We accomplish most of what we need to do through conference calls and web-based sharing of files, presentations and the like. But there are times when you just have to meet face to face to make a real connection.

So it's off to Wyoming - where the state flower is the Indian Paintbrush, the state soil is Forkwood, and there is a bison on the flag. Oh, and Sacajawea may or may not be buried there (that is in dispute).

Have any of you ever been to Wyoming? Write and tell me about it.

No comments: