Friday, January 16, 2004

Busy in a good way

This has been one of the busiest weeks of my life. It started last Saturday, when I attended a Bible Quiz Meet (which I have been too busy to write about, but will soon). Sunday was church, youth club meeting, 40th wedding anniversary luncheon and a song-writing session.

At work there were meetings all day Monday and Tuesday and most of Wednesday. This was followed yesterday by frantic catching up on things that were pushed aside for those three days of meetings. In the evenings there were business dinners, song writing and rehearsals, and in the mornings I'm writing this blog and reading other blogs, my email and trying to keep up on the news.

Tomorrow evening is the company party. I have my ensemble ready (black velvet dress, sparkly hose, shiny things for my ear lobes, neck and wrists), but I still have to rehearse the song (a lot) and get my nails and hair done. The pace does not slow down until Sunday.

If I wasn't in danger of being late for work, I would write a charmingly witty essay on why being busy is a strange thing for me, and how being busy is a good thing as long as what you are busy doing is worthwhile, good for you as well as others, and glorifies God. I guess I'll write that on Sunday when I'm not as busy.

So instead, let me send you over to our friend Dawn, who writes today about her high school rebel youth period and a favorite teacher, her writing advisor Doc George. You'll enjoy it.

No comments: