Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Plastic beads or precious pearls?

In today's post, Dawn talks about men of character. I agree with Dawn, and it is something to keep in mind as I venture into the dating world.

When I contemplate dating and am tempted by the idea of sex outside marriage, the same thought always comes to me. What if giving in to this temptation causes a detour on the path that is leading me to the man God intends to be my husband? If I get distracted by what appeals to me at the moment, am I saying to God that I don't trust Him to eventually lead me to the prize?

It would be like grabbing onto the plastic beads thrown at Mardi Gras, while God is standing there with the precious pearls He wants me to give me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've got some good stuff here Aunt Judie. If your nieces and nephews don't listen, try beating it into them. That may not help them make wise choices, but it can be very therapeutic for you. ihbcpastor@hotmail.com