Friday, March 03, 2006

Thought for today

Guideposts Magazine is a treasure. Sometimes it's a longer article that gets me thinking. Sometimes it's just a few words in The Up Side quotes section (only available in the print edition):

"The antidote to fear is action."

Sometimes I don't realize that my hesitation to do something is actually based in fear because I don't think about it. I guess it's the fear of not doing something right that has most often caused me to not even try. But sometimes I did move past the fear, and it lead me to important and sometimes wonderful experiences.

Like what? Let's see...my year living in California when I was 20 (remind me to tell you about that)...my marriage (not all wonderful but mostly)...my job (which I had to step foward and claim when they didn't want to give it to me)...and lots more.

And what if I had let the fear of not doing it perfectly prevent me from embarking on my cookie adventures? I'm doing so well with the cookies that it might just turn into a real business for me. Look out Mrs. Fields!

Action truly is the antidote for fear. Move forward. Ask for God's blessing and step out in the faith. Don't pray and ask for the fear to be removed before you act...ask for the guidance and strength to take the next step.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent Post!

Fear is always a prime motivation in humans, as in all other animals. It is the recognition of that fear and understanding of its root that is the cure. It's always nice to see someone headed along their way.