Thursday, March 02, 2006

I love Chicago radio

The only time I listen to the radio is in my car. Reception both in the office and at home is spotty, unless it's a really powerful station.

When I moved last year, my commute tripled - from five minutes to 15! So I've been able to enjoy more radio variety. I probably change stations at least three times every trip.

I listen mostly to AM talk radio. The six preset buttons are positioned in such a way as to allow me to move from news to talk to Christian talk to sports (that one I hit usually by accident).

My favorite time is the drive home after work. I've got three stations going...one comedy guy from Chicago, one super-liberal political gal from Florida and one super-conservative guy from San Francisco. I especially love it when the political hosts are both screaming about the same subject. It's fascinating to hear two sides of the same story spinning in different directions. But when the screaming gets to be too much noise, I go back to the comedy guy.

Give it a try. In Chicago, its 560, 850 and 890 AM.

No comments: