Thursday, June 24, 2004

Live and learn

Hello from sunny Orange County, California!

I'm here on a business trip. And I'm proud to say that I did the packing thing correctly this time, unlike my last trip - small bag with just the clothes and accessories I need, only two pairs of shoes (including the ones I wore on the plane). I even have enough room in that small bag to bring home any items I happen to buy at one of the fabulous malls in the area. My suitcase is actually lighter than my laptop bag!

The only thing I would change about what I brought on this trip is my shoes. I forgot that the airport inspectors are still paying very close attention to shoes. The inspector managing my line yesterday suggested since my shoes had heels I should probably take them off. Well, mine were lace-up boots so that was a challenge.

So next time I'll wear shoes that are easy to slip off and back on. Um, and socks that you cannot see my toes through.

No comments: