Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Gotta Get the Led (Zeppelin) Out

Despite my depressing entry of yesterday, I did have quite a few laughs over the weekend.

I bought "School of Rock" on DVD, having never seen it. I usually don't purchase a movie unless I've seen it and know I will enjoy watching it multiple times. I learned that lesson the hard way when I bought "Dumb and Dumber" on VHS several years ago.

But I had heard nothing but good things about "School of Rock", and I wasn't disappointed. What a funny movie! Jack Black is hysterical...like a cross between John Belushi and Jack Nicholson. Jack Black proves that God has a special purpose for everyone. If a fat loser with body odor can make it to leading man status in Hollywood, there's hope for us all.

And even though I was never into hard rock, I am thinking of buying the soundtrack. Actually, I'm hoping that playing "Math is a Wonderful Thing" will finally get "Immigrant Song" out of my head.

No comments: