Friday, March 19, 2004

Too blue

WARNING - Depressing blog entry!

I haven't written lately because I have been in a sort of down mood - the kind my Dad used to call a "blue funk". Nothing is really wrong, feeling like I don't belong (oh, wait, that's the Carpenters song).

It's lots of things combined I think - a cold that lasted over week, a shift in hormones which may be due to pre-pre-menopause (sorry if that's TMI kids) and the related relapse into some really bad eating habits, and an overwhelming workload at the office. We are also in the last official days of winter, and I am tired-tired-tired of dead trees and salty roads and scraping ice off my windshield.

There's also been too much bad news lately. The son of some dear friends burned in a fire that killed his roommate. Sad revelations by some of my favorite bloggers (one is a recovering drug addict, one was sexually abused as a very young child). Bombings abroad, dirty politics at home.

Then there is that milestone I just passed. It must have been at the back of my mind because I have been contemplating it for many years. But it passed almost without me thinking about it.

I have now lived longer than my mother did.

No comments: