Thursday, March 11, 2004

Little fixes

For the last several weeks, while using my Google Toolbar for web searches the results have been displayed in a Spanish language version of Google. It was kind of annoying, but the web pages the search returned were in English so I didn't bother to look into it.

Today I finally checked out my settings and realized I was set to use the Argentina version of Google. I must have reset it myself by accident. But now it's fixed. Done. Back to normal in one minute.

Little annoyances are no big deal. But add a few of them up, and you can start to feel stressed without knowing why.

Is there something in your life that is just a little annoying, and you know if you took a few minutes you could fix it? How about that button on your jacket that is about to fall off? Maybe the missing ice scraper that you only think about on frosty mornings when you need one to clean your car windows. Or that something you keep tripping over in your room that you just need to put away or throw out.

Dedicate some time this weekend to fixing a few of these things, at least those in your power to fix. What about those things that are not in your power to fix? Don't let them bug you.

No comments: