Thursday, August 21, 2008

50 by 50

This is a limited-time offer. You have one week to contribute to a very worthwhile life experience. Fifty of them, actually.

In two years + one week (God willing) I will celebrate my 50th birthday. And between August 29, 2008 and August 29, 2010 I pledge to myself to do 50 things that I have either never done before, or did so long ago that it doesn't count.

I have a list going and it is nowhere near 50 items, so I need your help. I'm not saying I will accept every single suggestion (I'm not crazy), but if it is somewhat reasonable, absolutely legal, and does not conflict with my core values I will add it to the list.

A lot of things on the list will depend on my continuing to get fit and lose weight, like climbing a rock wall at the gym and learning to do cartwheels (seriously). I want to go snowmobiling, horseback riding and water skiing...stuff like that. I might ride a giant roller coaster, but I probably would not go sky diving.

And I want to visit several places I have never been before, like Graceland and Branson. And bowl a 200+ game (my lifetime high score is 197). And maybe sing on YouTube.

If you would like to contribute suggestions, post a comment or send me an email. I'll publish the list on my birthday and start the clock. And if you want to join me on any of the adventures, just let me know!

No comments: