Friday, August 29, 2008

50 by 50 - The List

Here it is. The 50 things I will do before I turn 50 in two years (in no particular order):

1. Get a tatoo.
2. Go sailing.
3. Climb the rock wall at the gym.
4. Go snowmobiling.
5. Go to the top of Pike's Peak.
6. Sing a solo in church.
7. Go camping (the real kind - tents, peeing in the woods, etc.)
8. Visit Graceland.
9. Go parasailing.
10. Learn to shoot a gun.
11. Bowl a 200+ game.
12. Learn to do cartwheels.
13. Visit a country I have never been to before.
14. Learn to water ski.
15. Learn to drive a motocycle.
16. Sell an article to a magazine.
17. Get certified in CPR.
18. Ride in a hot air balloon.
19. Ride an adult-size roller coaster.
20. Go cross-country skiing.
21. Go jet skiing.
22. Ride a horse.
23. Attend a real rock concert (I was told that seeing Journey in 1981 does not count).
24. Go on an out of state road trip with the youth group. (I've done this many times, but this one was requested by my niece.)
25. Visit Branson, Missouri.
26. Go scuba diving.
27. Go on a blind date.
28. Write a song.
29. Perform in community theatre.
30. Build a house with Habitat for Humanity.
31. Join the bone marrow donor registry.
32. Go hunting.
33. Learn to rollerblade.
34. Go skateboarding.
35. Golf 18 holes. Yes, in one day.
36. Enter a poker tournament.
37. Learn to play poker (I told you this list was in no particular order).
38. Go ice skating.
39. Write a novel.
40. Take a cooking class.
41. Take a karate (or other martial art) class.
42. Learn to speak Polish.
43. Go to the Kentucky Derby (just so I have an excuse to buy an awesome hat).
44. Ride a Segway.
45. Learn to dive from a diving board.
46. Do a flip on a trampoline.
47. Catch a fish.
48. Take a yoga class in Millenium Park.
49. Walk in a charity event.
50. Post a video of me doing any of these things on YouTube.

OK, some of these are kinda lame. But it's a darn long list! I'm not sure which one is more scary to me - #19 or #27.

And to my friend who suggested I could do any or all of these things naked, YES. I will do #42 naked, but I won't be posting it on YouTube!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

http://www.marrow.org/HELP/Join_the_Donor_Registry/Join_Now/join_now.html

#31