Monday, July 07, 2008

Please come back to us

A friend of ours has all but disappeared. We know where he is, but he has cut off all contact.

There are times in my life when I don't want to see anyone, talk to anyone, or even leave the house - those times when I am balancing on the fence between a bad mood and real depression. I eat too much, sleep too much, don't answer the phone. Those times are few and far between now, thank God.

So I can understand when somebody wants to go "offline" for a while and just be alone. But there is a point at which it has gone on too long. We are at that point.

I don't think you mean to, but by denying us your company you are hurting the people who love you. If you have a problem, ask for help. You have friends who would drop everything and walk a thousand miles for you. If none of us can help, we will find somebody who can.

And if you can't talk to anybody else, talk to Him. He wants you back too.

No comments: